Chris Roberts is the co-founder of North Wales Dragons, a social enterprise and community football team which raises money for charities all over the UK and beyond. “This is a model that can be taken anywhere in the world,” he says.
The idea was kicked off with a football match with a ten-nil defeat, but lots of money raised – and it snowballed from there. Chris describes how the sponsorship and fundraising model works; ensuring the games are inclusive and collaborative; the importance of collecting data from day one of running any project; what North Wales Dragons did during lockdown to support local hospitals, children’s charities and foodbanks; and why he uses the term “Human Social Responsibility.”
This interview also covers how Chris levered social media during the lockdown to make connections with other people making an impact, all across the globe – and “spread the name of the Dragons worldwide.”
Here’s the podcast. Click the large arrow to play, or hover over the media player and click on the icon on the bottom right corner to download it. Or listen through Spotify, Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts if you prefer.
- North Wales Dragons website www.northwalesdragons.co.uk
- Heidi’s new book shares everything she knows about impact measurement and management – and how to implement it in your organisation. Order your copy of Impact First – The Social Entrepreneur’s Guide to Measuring, Managing and Growing Your Impact. Please click here
- Enjoyed the podcast? Listen to other episodes here
- If you use a podcast directory like Apple Podcasts, please leave a review or rating – it helps other people discover the wonderful work of my guests
- And if you are interested in being interviewed and are from an existing social enterprise creating a proven impact, please contact presenter Heidi Fisher at Make An Impact CIC