Imagine not having to explain to people your mission to balance impact and profit. It’s powerful and energising to work with people who get what you’re doing and why.
Sara Osterholzer co-founded the Good Business Club, an alternative business network fostering “collaboration connection and confidence for small, good business owners and freelancers who want to make a difference, as well as a living. ” She’s on a mission to reach 2021 budding impact entrepreneurs this year so they can start and scale “businesses that the world needs.”
In this episode she demystifies what good practice looks like, describes how she measures her impact and reveals her long-term goals. She also covers why she came to launch the Good Business Club and has advice for new entrepreneurs about mindset, purpose and direction.
Here’s the podcast. Click the large arrow to play, or hover over the media player and click on the icon on the bottom right corner to download it. Or listen through Spotify, Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts if you prefer.
- Here’s the impact measurement tool (click here) Sara mentions in the podcast
- Visit The Good Business Club online and on Twitter
- Heidi’s new book shares everything she knows about impact measurement and management – and how to implement it in your organisation. Order your copy of Impact First – The Social Entrepreneur’s Guide to Measuring, Managing and Growing Your Impact. Please click here
- Enjoyed the podcast? Listen to other episodes here
- If you use a podcast directory like Apple Podcasts, please leave a review or rating – it helps other people discover the wonderful work of my guests
- And if you are interested in being interviewed and are from an existing social enterprise creating a proven impact, please contact presenter Heidi Fisher at Make An Impact CIC