Saif Bhoja is founder of Huriah Hemp CIC, a youth-led organisation selling hemp and organic cotton products to businesses and consumers. It uses the sales to drive its social mission, empowering young people’s creativity and self-esteem.
Social action helps young people position themselves in the world and identify their purpose and the path they want to take, says Saif. When he was younger it was difficult to pursue his interests in creativity, environmental advocacy or any kind of voluntary or community work. So he created opportunities for himself and other young people.
This fascinating interview also covers creative design, the distinction between tangible gains and purpose, how social action helps people understand what’s happening in the world, tools to measure impact, lessons learned in social enterprise, and the environmental benefits of using hemp for clothing.
Here’s the podcast. Click the large arrow to play, or hover over the media player and click on the icon on the bottom right corner to download it. Or listen through Spotify, Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts if you prefer.
- Visit Huriah Hemp CIC online via www.huriahhemp.com,on Instagram via www.instagram.com/huriahhemp and Twitter via www.twitter.com/HuriahHemp
- Saif also mentioned Social Ark [link to https://www.socialark.co.uk ], which helps young people develop businesses
- Heidi’s new book shares everything she knows about impact measurement and management – and how to implement it in your organisation. Order your copy of Impact First – The Social Entrepreneur’s Guide to Measuring, Managing and Growing Your Impact. Please click here
- Enjoyed the podcast? Listen to other episodes here
- If you use a podcast directory like Apple Podcasts, please leave a review or rating – it helps other people discover the wonderful work of my guests
- And if you are interested in being interviewed and are from an existing social enterprise creating a proven impact, please contact presenter Heidi Fisher at Make An Impact CIC