Video is like a match which starts the fire to cook a meal, says Ravinol Chambers. He’s worked with numerous social enterprises, social investors and partners such as TedX London, making stories which cross boundaries since 2009.
Ravinol’s debut documentary Road to Vrindavan is a feature film examining the impact and importance of education for girls in India and what we must all do to make progress in gender equity.
Ravinol tells us more about this ‘heartbreaking yet incredibly hopeful’ film, and the personal journey to make it. This episode also covers his life for seven years as a monk, why he started Be Inspired Films (one of the UK’s founding B Corps), and what makes film such a powerful and visceral medium (but what it shouldn’t be used for).
Here’s the podcast. Click the large arrow to play, or hover over the media player and click on the icon on the bottom right corner to download it. Or listen through Spotify, Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts if you prefer.
- Pre-register to watch Road to Vrindavan at its UK Premiere which will screen online between March 31st – April 4th here and learn more about the film or organise your own screening here
- Malala Yousafzai said of the film: “The voices of girls and young women in this movie remind us of the urge and urgency for equality and education right now. It also beautifully highlights working with men and boys as an important step towards change.”
- Visit Be Inspired Films www.beinspiredfilms.co.uk
- Watch video highlights from the 2021 GenderSmart Global Investing Summit here
- Heidi’s new book shares everything she knows about impact measurement and management – and how to implement it in your organisation. Order your copy of Impact First – The Social Entrepreneur’s Guide to Measuring, Managing and Growing Your Impact. Please click here
- Enjoyed the podcast? Listen to other episodes here
- If you use a podcast directory like Apple Podcasts, please leave a review or rating – it helps other people discover the wonderful work of my guests
- And if you are interested in being interviewed and are from an existing social enterprise creating a proven impact, please contact presenter Heidi Fisher at Make An Impact CIC