Embedding social impact into your supply chain is much wider than just ‘buying from social enterprises.’ It’s possible to unlock enormous and complementary social, environmental and economic impacts through social procurement and Heidi describes how, with examples, in this episode.
We go into depth about what to think about, how to start, and how to measure supplier-generated impact. There are numerous baby steps you can take, which Heidi describes. And we look at emerging areas of social impact such as the climate impact of technology and cloud-computing.
This practical episode is essential listening for social entrepreneurs wanting to support and encourage suppliers to create social impact.
Here’s the podcast. Click the large arrow to play, or hover over the media player and click on the icon on the bottom right corner to download it. Or listen through Spotify, Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts if you prefer.
Also in this episode:
- The implications of social value becoming a ‘requirement’ rather than a ‘consideration’ in central government contracts
- How to avoid being ‘tender-fodder’ and exploited by larger contractors for the impact you can deliver
- Why over-prescriptive commissioning can destroy innovation
- A hard-won lesson learned
- Heidi’s new book shares everything she knows about impact measurement and management – and how to implement it in your organisation. Order your copy of Impact First – The Social Entrepreneur’s Guide to Measuring, Managing and Growing Your Impact. Please click here
- Enjoyed the podcast? Listen to other episodes here
- If you use a podcast directory like Apple Podcasts, please leave a review or rating – it helps other people discover the wonderful work of my guests
- And if you are interested in being interviewed and are from an existing social enterprise creating a proven impact, please contact presenter Heidi Fisher at Make An Impact CIC