Tiny changes in how you use technology can make a profound impact on your carbon footprint.
By thinking about the entire life cycle of a product, from raw materials to what happens when it really can’t serve its original purpose, social and purpose-driven entrepreneurs can re-evaluate what tools they use and when to replace them.
In this episode, Heidi covers proactive and realistic steps you can take right away to ensure you don’t just consume and create for the sake of it.
And she examines issues to consider when it comes to the economic impact of your activities.
Here’s the podcast. Click the large arrow to play, or hover over the media player and click on the icon on the bottom right corner to download it. Or listen through Spotify, Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts if you prefer.
Also in this episode:
- Why Heidi’s no fan of carbon offset programmes
- Modern slavery, the living wage, and worker conditions
- Life cycle analysis of products
- Heidi’s new book shares everything she knows about impact measurement and management – and how to implement it in your organisation. Order your copy of Impact First – The Social Entrepreneur’s Guide to Measuring, Managing and Growing Your Impact. Please click here
- Enjoyed the podcast? Listen to other episodes here
- If you use a podcast directory like Apple Podcasts, please leave a review or rating – it helps other people discover the wonderful work of my guests
- And if you are interested in being interviewed and are from an existing social enterprise creating a proven impact, please contact presenter Heidi Fisher at Make An Impact CIC