Cath Harris runs One World Women, a social enterprise connecting experienced business women with ambitious female entrepreneurs from developing countries.
Its programmes take place in-country and online, catalysing real impact for all and unlocking entrepreneurship. What changes for participants as a result? Who becomes a mentor or mentee and why? And how did it adapt this year? Cath explains.
Cath experienced burnout after growing her first business. On a holiday to the Gambia she met Ida Cham, an ‘extraordinary woman’ who runs her own cooking school and makes micro-loans to help other women run their own businesses. That conversation was the spark for One World Women.
What Cath originally thought would be a simple idea has become much bigger. She describes her ambitious plans to scale for the long-term and create opportunities for women the world over to flourish and help their communities grow.
Here’s the podcast. Click the large arrow to play, or hover over the media player and click on the icon on the bottom right corner to download it. Or listen through Spotify, Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts if you prefer.
- One World Women CIC on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
- Heidi’s new book shares everything she knows about impact measurement and management – and how to implement it in your organisation. Order your copy of Impact First – The Social Entrepreneur’s Guide to Measuring, Managing and Growing Your Impact. Please click here
- Enjoyed the podcast? Listen to other episodes here
- If you use a podcast directory like Apple Podcasts, please leave a review or rating – it helps other people discover the wonderful work of my guests
- And if you are interested in being interviewed and are from an existing social enterprise creating a proven impact, please contact presenter Heidi Fisher at Make An Impact CIC