Stage five of the LEAN social impact approach is LEARN. In episode five of The Impact Diaries, Heidi explains how this is when your organisation makes improvements, based on data, to maximise your impact.
Heidi uses another real-life example, this time a community hub. Segmenting and being more specific about their wellbeing outcomes improved their impact and gave them more detailed evidence, more precise data and a more powerful story.
This episode also covers SROI – social return on investment. People either love or hate SROI and Heidi runs through pros and cons of assigning financial values to your impact and circumstances in which SROI is particularly worthwhile.
The “LEARN” stage is typically done annually or perhaps every six months. If you take an impact-led approach to running your organisation then looking at your impact is a fundamental part of your business planning.
Here’s the podcast. Click the large arrow to play, or hover over the media player and click on the icon on the bottom right corner to download it. Or listen through Spotify, Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts if you prefer.
- The five stages of Heidi’s LEAN social impact approach are Define, Plan, Measure, Analyse and Learn, and it’s important to progress through each stage before moving to the next.
- Heidi’s new book, out in Autumn 2020, shares everything she knows about impact measurement and management – and how to implement it in your organisation.
- Get your copy first! Pre-order one of the limited number of hardback versions of
Impact First – The Social Entrepreneur’s Guide to Measuring, Managing and Growing Your Impact. Please click here
- Enjoyed the podcast? Listen to other episodes here
- If you use a podcast directory like Apple Podcasts, please leave a review or rating – it helps other people discover the wonderful work of my guests
- And if you are interested in being interviewed and are from an existing social enterprise creating a proven impact, please contact presenter Heidi Fisher at Make An Impact CIC