The fourth stage of the LEAN social impact approach is ‘Analyse.’ Heidi explains how effective analysis enabled a housing association with range of projects to capture better data, understand more about what worked best, and make changes to improve their impacts.
The five stages of Heidi’s LEAN social impact approach are Define, Plan, Measure, Analyse and Learn, and it’s important to progress through each stage before moving to the next. If you do, the Analyse stage provides immediate and valuable feedback which can reshape your planning and measurement too.
Heidi explains how the housing association tweaked questions used in data capture and ultimately shifted priorities for its project budget thanks to the ‘Analyse’ stage. This boosted its impact. She explores the difference between the Analyse and the Learn stages, describes what can go wrong when it comes to impact analysis and how to avoid this, and has an update about progress with her new book – and a health update too.
Here’s the podcast. Click the large arrow to play, or hover over the media player and click on the icon on the bottom right corner to download it. Or listen through Spotify, Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts if you prefer.
- Heidi’s new book, out in Autumn 2020, shares everything she knows about impact measurement and management – and how to implement it in your organisation.
- Get your copy first! Pre-order one of the limited number of hardback versions of
Impact First – The Social Entrepreneur’s Guide to Measuring, Managing and Growing Your Impact. Please click here
- Enjoyed the podcast? Listen to other episodes here
- If you use a podcast directory like Apple Podcasts, please leave a review or rating – it helps other people discover the wonderful work of my guests
- And if you are interested in being interviewed and are from an existing social enterprise creating a proven impact, please contact presenter Heidi Fisher at Make An Impact CIC