InPower Academy uses mixed martial arts as a vehicle for transformative personal and community improvements.
Daryl Chambers is the founder and CEO of this Wolverhampton-based social enterprise which specialises in working with young people ‘regardless of circumstance, environment or current standing.’
Here’s the podcast. Click the large arrow to play, or hover over the media player and click on the icon on the bottom right corner to download it. Or listen through Spotify, Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts if you prefer.
In this episode Daryl tells Heidi about:
- How and why martial arts can help young people realise and achieve their potential – based on both philosophy and practice
- Writing a life-plan at the age of 11 when he dreamt of running a business
- A crossroad moment when, aged 17, he was arrested
- InPower’s specific intervention programmes, ‘The Unbreakables’ and ‘The Warriors of Wellbeing’
- Introducing young people to the benefits of journaling
- Developing and measuring resilience
- Enjoyed the podcast? Listen to other episodes here
- If you use a podcast directory like Apple Podcasts, please leave a review or rating – it helps other people discover the wonderful work of my guests
- And if you are interested in being interviewed and are from an existing social enterprise creating a proven impact, please contact presenter Heidi Fisher at Make An Impact CIC