HugglePets in the Community is a community interest company working with children, young people and adults. It offers animal-assisted therapy, in which a therapist works with animals to help people with their mental health.
This pioneering and unique social enterprise is based in Wolverhampton, where nearly 4000 children & over 21,000 adults are affected by stress, anxiety and severe mental health issues. Research shows animal assisted therapy can improve mental health and wellbeing.
Here’s the podcast. Click the large arrow to play, or hover over the media player and click on the icon on the bottom right corner to download it. Or listen through Spotify, Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts if you prefer.
In this episode, Hannah Dixon describes:
- Huggle wants as many people as possible to use its services is building the UK’s first community aquarium and sensory activity centre
- How Huggle’s plans have been backed by the community through a successful crowdfunding campaign which raised over £90,000. How did Huggle hit its target?
- Why partnership working has been crucial in getting this far
Hannah’s future plans
- How Huggle measures its impact
- The biggest challenges Hannah’s faced so far and her advice to other social entrepreneurs
- Enjoyed the podcast? Listen to other episodes here
- If you use a podcast directory like Apple Podcasts, please leave a review or rating – it helps other people discover the wonderful work of my guests
- And if you are interested in being interviewed and are from an existing social enterprise creating a proven impact, please contact presenter Heidi Fisher at Make An Impact CIC