Beth Pilgrim is CEO and co-founder of Supply Change, a platform connecting social enterprises with public sector organisations to help them drive impact in their local communities.
In episode three of the Make An Impact podcast Beth describes how Supply Change is opening up public sector procurement to help more social enterprises win tenders and secure contracts.
We cover the biggest barriers social enterprises face in accessing public sector supply chains – and how Supply Change addresses them.
Here’s the podcast. Click the large arrow to play, or hover over the media player and click on the icon on the bottom right corner to download it. Or listen through Spotify, Apple Podcasts or Google Podcasts if you prefer.
This episode also covers:
- What lit Beth’s “fire in the belly” for social enterprise and impact?
- Is buying from a social enterprise a riskier proposition than buying from other businesses? Some public sector procurement officers think so. Beth explains how Supply Change’s due diligence process mitigates risks to buyers and helps social enterprises become public sector contract-ready
- Why access to flexible social investment is so important to many social enterprises
- Are there any priority areas in which the public sector is particularly interested in working with social enterprises?
- Why Heidi is so excited about Beth’s world vision for 5 years time
- How to contact Beth and Supply Change
- Enjoyed the podcast? Listen to other episodes here
- If you use a podcast directory like Apple Podcasts, please leave a review or rating – it helps other people discover the wonderful work of my guests
- And if you are interested in being interviewed and are from an existing social enterprise creating a proven impact, please contact presenter Heidi Fisher at Make An Impact CIC